Kamal: Revision Tips

Hello everyone, again. It’s my fourth blog already - Can you believe it? Merry Christmas to you all.

With the first term nearly over, you would think that you have plenty time left until the summer where the majority of us will be sitting our exams. You would be right, but also wrong. I’m here at my first year at Cadbury but last year with GCSE’s to be honest I thought the same thing. It ended up alright nevertheless I could have done so much better only from deciding to work sooner and harder.

The point I am trying to get across is simply that the upcoming holiday is your chance to really start revising, in which I have a couple tips here that some you may know of and maybe a few new ones:
  • Create a checklist and/or schedule so you know when to revise and what for
  • Find a time slot everyday (mine would be 8-11) this will help get into a flow of revising
  • Find something to listen to, not any music, anything without lyrics but instrumentals of good songs would do but I prefer simplistic classics or just a piano playing softly
  • Remove all DISTRACTIONS, trust me on this one, your phone playing the notification sound is almost an automatic response with your hand leaning over to get it
  • This point needs to be covered twice - Turn off your Phone
  • Figure out which way you learn things the fastest whether it’s listening or repletion find it and stick to
  • Work independently get used to working by yourself the habit is good to get into instead of relying on a teacher or a buddy
  • Don’t sit in your room all day or don’t revise 8 hours a day, that’s unhealthy
  • Work in 25 to 45 minute chunks, it’s proven to be most effective and also so you don’t fall asleep
  • Finally reward yourself after and not before perhaps with a snack or to check your Phone
I hope this blogs supports everyone out there to revise but also the people with coursework. These tips should offer the same advice to all A-Level, BTEC, and GCSE students in my sincere opinion.

Thank you for reading and good luck.